The Public Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Public Domain

ABANDON ALL COPYRIGHTS ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dream Girl

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake_the_Ape
DUMP-DIVER
Jake_the_Ape

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:
Dream Girl Left_bar_bleue20/20Dream Girl Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)

Dream Girl Empty
PostSubject: Dream Girl   Dream Girl Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 10:51 pm

Not a lot to go with on this but here ya go.

There are those that say if you die in your dreams you die in the real world. Some believe it, others scoff, and yet others know all too well.

Sarah is one who knows. But it's about all she knows. She can't remember her last name. She doesn't know where she's from. She can't even tell you how old she is. She can tell you what lies in your deepest dreams and darkest nightmares, for that is where she lives.

Sarah haunts the Dreamscape flitting from sleeper to sleeper. She always appears in a form the dreamer will find pleasing. At least at first. Pleasing in form and pleasant in conversation, Sarah will search your dreams for that which you desire most. Lover? She can do that. Friend? She's more than willing. Confidant? Sarah never tells.

The dreamer can have all that they desire from Sarah. She merely asks for one thing in return. She wants to know. Everything. The more she gets the closer she comes to peace. Unfortunately for the living dreamers no-one has everything she needs. It is when the dreamer begins to stray that Sarah begins to take parts from the dreamers mind.

Sarah hungers for that which she can not remember. Sadly, Sarah does retain one thing from her time among the living. She, like us, has difficulty holding on to the stuff of dreams.

Comments? Critiques?
Back to top Go down
http://dub-t.deviantart.com/
Rv. Xen
Admin
Rv. Xen

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Character sheet
Name: Bat-Maloy
Hit Points:

Dream Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Girl   Dream Girl Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 1:56 pm

I like Sara; the idea of a girl who live only in dreams is a good one and the idea that she's constantly searching is another.

what i'd like to know is why she's so intent on finding out about herself: when she remembers is she able to 'go back' to the living or does it grant her some other wish? why would she want to leave the dreamscape at all, can't she too have all that she desires? Or can she not have desires because she doesn't know who she is?

and also, do people remember her from their dreams? do people who have been visited by her start to find it odd that others have met a very similar character in their dreams? Are their others trapped like her?

Great start, dream characters are always a cool idea!
Back to top Go down
http://rvxen.deviantart.com
Jake_the_Ape
DUMP-DIVER
Jake_the_Ape

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:

Dream Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Girl   Dream Girl Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 2:13 pm

Well I think since she died in her dream she wants to wake up or move on but doesn't know how to do either. And with the nature of dreams neither may be possible.

As for wanting to leave the Dreamscape.... I think it's more a matter of longing for something... anything... real.

Some folks have fleeting memories of Sarah. Those that survive the encounter with their minds intact, anyway. I hadn't thought of what happens to those that Sarah kills. I would guess they too could become Dream Wraiths. Though I think it would require something special to become like her. So as not to overpopulate the Dreamscape with Wraiths.

Hmmmm more to ponder... thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dub-t.deviantart.com/
bowie-lover
Flotsam-Friend
bowie-lover

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Character sheet
Name: Samial, Sam, Lucifer, Morning Star...
Hit Points:
Dream Girl Left_bar_bleue0/0Dream Girl Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Dream Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Girl   Dream Girl Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 12:40 am

my only problem is that I just finished watching this film 5 minutes ago, Paprika. Very similar to this, except Paprika wasn't ever really alive, she's the Hyde to a waking persons Jakyll.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bowie-lover.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Dream Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Girl   Dream Girl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dream Girl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Public Domain :: Public Domain Forums General :: Public Domain Characters-
Jump to: